Kuwait Canara Welfare Association held its Extra-Ordinary General Body Meeting on Friday, 24 March 2023. The main agenda of the meeting was the election of the new Executive Committee for the period 2023 – 2025.
The meeting commenced with the moderator Harry Fernandes welcoming KCWA’s spiritual director Rev. Fr. Noel DAlmeida and all the members followed by the opening prayer by Manoj Rego.
KCWA’s president Ruth Clara Veigas then welcomed all the members who were present for the meeting and thanked the members, committee members and their family, donors, sponsors for their wonderful support during her tenure. The minutes of KCWA’s last general body meeting held on 17 February 2023 was then presented by the General Secretary Jeneviv Dsouza. Jinella Rodrigues presented activity report. President Ruth Clara Veigas briefed on the achievements during her term 2021-23. Spiritual Director Fr. Noel in his address lauded the works done by KCWA and wished good luck to the new committee in advance.
The Election Commission members Rajesh Aranha, Flevia Dmello and Ruth Clara Veigas then began with the proceedings of electing the new committee, which is as below:
- President: Naveen Valerian Mascarenhas, Bajpe
- Vice President: Arun Jossy Dsouza, Perampally
- General Secretary: Reena Wilma Pereira, Belvai
- Asst. General Secretary: Deepak Andrade, Gurpur
- Treasurer General: Jayson John Dsouza, Andheri
- Treasurer – Cultural Affairs: Praveen Fernandes, Taccode
- Auditor: Kevin Preetam Dsouza, Miyar
- Cultural Secretary: Prashanth Vinod Ferrao, Omzoor
- Education Fund Coordinator: Veena Serrao, Angelore
- Members Affairs Coordinator: Sylvia Dcosta, Moodbidri
- Sports Secretary: Prakash Godwin Pinto, Fajir
- Website Administrator: Allan Jose Dsouza, Paladka
- Public Relations Officer: Prakash Lawrence Gonsalves, Padukone
- Immediate Past President: Ruth Clara Veigas, Pune
The attendees applauded the newly elected committee. Naveen Valerian Mascarenhas KCWA’s president for the upcoming term thanked and sought everyone’s support and cooperation for a successful tenure. The newly elected committee took oath to work towards the motto of KCWA.
During the EOGBM, Mr. Orson Albert Dsouza was falicitated for his contribution towards KCWA as he will be leaving Kuwait for good. Mr. Orson served in Executive committee as Treasurer- Cultural Affairs (2013-15) and Cultural secretary (2017-19) He also served in Election Commission (2019).
Flevia Dmello proposed the vote of thanks and expressed gratitude to Fr. Noel DAlmeida, Allan Dsouza for the multimedia presentation, Alban Dsouza for the photography and projector, Roshan Rodrigues for the sounds, China Metro restaurant for the sumptuous dinner and to all the members who attended the meeting in such large numbers. Deepak Andrade concluded the meeting with prayer and hymn.