Photos by : Alban D’Souza
Kuwait Canara Welfare Association held it’s Extra-Ordinary General Body Meeting on Friday, 22 March 2019 at the Harmony Hall, Salmiya. The main agenda of the meeting was the election of the new Executive Committee for the period 2019 – 2021.
The meeting commenced with the moderator Deepak Andrade welcoming KCWA’s spiritual director Rev. Fr. Noel D Almeida to the gathering followed by the opening prayer by Anil Fernandes. KCWA’s president Hilary Stevan Rego then welcomed all the members who had gathered for the meeting and thanked everyone for their wonderful support during his tenure.
The minutes of KCWA’s last general body meeting which was held on 22 February 2019 was then presented by the General Secretary Rajesh Aranha. Activity report was presented by Asst. General Secretary Harry Fernandes. Stevan Rego highlighted the activities done during his term and thanked the members, committee members and their family for extending support. Spiritual Director Fr. Noel in his address lauded the works done by KCWA and wished good luck to the new committee in advance.
The Election Commission members Vijay Alfred D’Souza, Anil Vincent Menezes and Orson Albert D’Souza then began with the proceedings of electing the new committee, which is as below:
- President : Maria Rinna Silvia D Souza, Omzoor
- Vice President: Michael Pinto, Belthangady
- General Secretary: Deepak Andrade, Gurupura
- Asst. General Secretary: Sunitha D Silva, Paladka
- Treasurer General: Arun Jossy D Souza, Perampally
- Treasurer – Cultural Affairs: Flevia D Mello, Suratkal
- Auditor: Ruth Clara Veigas, Pune
- Cultural Secretary: Harrison Joshua Monteiro, Gurupur
- Education Fund Coordinator: Alwyn Noronha, Derebail
- Members Affairs Coordinator: Jinella Rodrigues, Neerude
- Sports Secretary: Royce Jaison Fernandes, Ferar
- Website Administrator: Allan Jose D Souza, Paladka
- Public Relations Officer: Anil Francis Fernandes, Ferar
- Immediate Past President: Hilary Stevan Rego, Belvai
The audience applauded the newly elected committee and Maria Rinna Silvia D Souza KCWA’s president for the upcoming term thanked and sought everyone’s support and cooperation for a successful tenure.
Anil Menezes proposed the vote of thanks and expressed gratitude towards the hall management for providing the hall, Alban D Souza for photography, Hywel Pinto for Sounds, Allan D Souza for the PowerPoint presentation and to all those had gathered for coming in such large numbers. Mabel Andrade concluded the meeting with prayer and hymn. Sumptuous dinner was served by M&M Confectionery.